Snooker mixed doubles to return to television for first time since 1991

Жека
Стаж: 2 года

Сообщение Жека »

Snooker mixed doubles is set to return to television for the first time since 1991 with the world's top four men and women teaming up in September.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Mark Selby and Neil Robertson will join Reanne Evans, Ng On Yee, Nutcharut Wongharuthai and Rebecca Kenna.

The event will take place in Milton Keyes on 24 and 25 September.

A series of four-frame round-robin matches will be followed by a best-of-seven frames final.

The players will make alternate visits to the table rather than playing alternate shots and score one point for each frame won.

The top two teams will then go through to the final.

World Snooker Tour chairman Steve Dawson said he hoped the event - which will be on free-to-air television for the first time - would become "a regular fixture on the circuit".

"Snooker is a game for everyone, regardless of age, gender and nationality," he said.

In the last televised mixed doubles event in 1991, Steve Davis and Allison Fisher teamed up to win the title in Hamburg.
Лучше быть, чем казаться.
Zmey
Модератор
Модератор
Стаж: 3 года 2 месяца

Номинант викторины Победитель конкурса прогнозов Бронзовый призер конкурса

Сообщение Zmey »

Любопытно будет посмотреть. Должо быть весело.
Анархия не хаос, анархия - мать порядка.
Жека

Сообщение Жека »

Zmey писал(а): 30.06.2022, 17:55 Любопытно будет посмотреть. Должо быть весело.
Бум надеяться, что это будет развлекательно. А то из шут-аута сделали унылое ниачом и про поверснукер позабыли.
Жека

Сообщение Жека »

Изображение

The new World Mixed Doubles event on the snooker calendar is just a couple of months away and one of the stars of the show, Rebecca Kenna, believes it is going to be absolutely huge for the women’s game.

The first edition of the competition will see the world’s top four male players and the best four women on the planet team up in pairs to compete over two days, live on ITV and ITV4.

The four women involved – Reanne Evans, Ng On-yee, Mink Nutcharut and Kenna will have the chance to team with Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, Mark Selby and Neil Robertson and play in front of a huge television audience.

It is obviously a wonderful opportunity for the players involved, but Kenna thinks it could be a massive occasion for the future of women’s snooker, with the level of exposure being massive compared to what they have had in the past.

‘This Mixed Doubles is absolutely huge. Not just for us four players, but for women’s sport in general,’ Kenna told the Talking Snooker podcast.

‘To see it out there and hopefully get more girls to see it and go: “Oh, I want to go and do that.”

‘When I started playing, I never thought I’d be competing with those four and obviously have one of them on my team.

‘Just as a snooker fan, wow! What an opportunity! That’s testament to how they’ve grown the women’s side of the game, to get the top four women and the top four men on ITV, it’s huge.

‘Huge for the sport in general, but huge for the women’s game. I’m so looking forward to it, I’m hoping I can do well and not be too nervous.’

The Yorkshire cueist revealed that the draw will be made at Ascot on 6 August, when she will find out which of the four superstars of snooker she will be teaming with.

Unsurprisingly, with three former world champions and the current Crucible king on offer, she is not too fussed who she gets.

‘Any one of them to be playing with would be a dream, amazing,’ she said. ‘You just can’t choose, there’s a reason to pick every single one of them.

‘You want to be with Ronnie, he’s just won the Worlds, he’s the best player ever.

You want to be with Selby because of his grit and determination, you want to pick Robbo for his cue action.

You want to pick Judd because he pots them for fun. Any one of them I’d be over the moon with, they probably just don’t want me.’
Zmey
Модератор
Модератор

Номинант викторины Победитель конкурса прогнозов Бронзовый призер конкурса

Сообщение Zmey »

Жека писал(а): 26.07.2022, 18:50 ..........................................................................................................
The new World Mixed Doubles event on the snooker calendar is just a couple of months away and one of the stars of the show, Rebecca Kenna, believes it is going to be absolutely huge for the women’s game.
..........................................................................................................
Не родись красивой, родись снукеристкой... :biggrin: :blum1:
Анархия не хаос, анархия - мать порядка.
Жека

Сообщение Жека »

Zmey писал(а): 27.07.2022, 07:03 Не родись красивой, родись снукеристкой...
Ей только в снукер и играть, ага.
Жека

Сообщение Жека »

Лол.

Изображение
wassis

Сообщение wassis »

Очень интересно...
Скорее весело!
wassis

Сообщение wassis »

Рони и Трам такое любят!
АНДИКС
Стаж: 2 года 1 месяц

Сообщение АНДИКС »

Жека писал(а): 27.07.2022, 17:48 Лол.

Изображение
Все смеются, кроме Трампа и Ронички. Вот это действительно лол.
Жека

Сообщение Жека »

Seven-time world champion Ronnie O’Sullivan and 12-time women’s world champion Reanne Evans create an eye-catching team at the inaugural World Mixed Doubles as the pairings are announced.

The new event on the snooker calendar is played on 24-25 September in Milton Keynes and sees the top four players in the world rankings compete alongside the top four in the women’s rankings.

The pairings were drawn on on Saturday, with the highly decorated pair of O’Sullivan and Evans grabbing the headlines.

Evans posted on social media: ‘Hey up @ronnieo147 you ready ?? Should be fun . hope you’re practicing hard.’

While Ronnie and Reanne might the highest profile pair, the other three teams will all fancy their chances as well.

World number two Judd Trump is teaming with three-time women’s world champ Ng On Yee, Neil Robertson is paired with current women’s world champion Mink Nutcharut and four-time Crucible king Mark Selby is teaming up with Rebecca Kenna.

On Yee was certainly excited about being drawn alongside the Ace, posting on Instagram that she ‘can’t wait’ for the chance to play with the 2019 world champion.

Selby and Kenna may be the outsiders for the event, but were pleased to team up, with the Jester from Leicester posting: ‘Hey up partner @RebeccaKenna89, just seen the draw should be fun.’

Kenna replied: ‘Ey up! What a team can’t wait!’

All four teams will play each other in a round-robin over four frames, with the two players in a team making alternate visits.

The top two teams in the group will move on to a final played over a best of seven frames.
Limasol

Сообщение Limasol »

Посмотрим - парный теннис для меня -никакой ...
Ответить